General Chat For stuff that doesn't go anywhere else

Register to remove these ads

Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Points: 5,827, Level: 22 Points: 5,827, Level: 22 Points: 5,827, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

LeAccord is more helpful than most
Re: What'd you do to your accord today?

Originally Posted by Sil2DrV6 View Post
^ Not a prob, my friend. Looking at the before & after pic...., damn... Job well done! You're seriously becoming a major DIY guy. Very respectful! (If it ever happened to me, I'd try that heat-gun + cold spray first, and if it doesn't work out, I'd call those body shops immidiately lol.) ← What a lazy guy, I know...

What I liked reading your comment was this:

I was like, "again???" lol. I think yours is quite low already. It just makes me giggle, b/c you never seize to stop going lower lol.

Anyways, this gentleman's DIY spirit truly amazes me.
Thanks ! Yeah I like to tackle things myself first. Or simply take the route which costs the least to my wallet

Hahahaha yeah I don't think I'll be going much lower. I'm at the brink of rubbing on full lock, uca's hitting on bumps and scraping all sorts of speed humps lol.

But your comment really means a lot, Richard. Feels really good to know that others really respect what one person does
(no homo) hahaha

Member's Ride --> The Accord
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I bombed something earlier but I highly doubt anyone wants to see it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Points: 6,099, Level: 23 Points: 6,099, Level: 23 Points: 6,099, Level: 23

Shadow1 is somewhat reliable

Washed it with the OEM wheels. Looked awesome, til I found all the scratches left by the stupid brushes at the car wash. Never again will I use the car wash places. Ugh.....

Next week. Clay bar, 3m rubbing compound, and wax....
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Be a better driver

Points: 74,377, Level: 84 Points: 74,377, Level: 84 Points: 74,377, Level: 84
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums

Washed it.

Yes and no.

Someone, cant remember who, did a proper DIY and they removed all the glue and blue coloring from the cluster. I think. I just remember it being a HUUUGE ordeal and, apparently, a massive PITA. I know foil helps to disperse and avoid that hotspotlook but I think it's inevitable.
Originally Posted by LeAccord View Post
^ I probably won't bother then haha.
The hardest part is dealing with the needles, because you have to mark where your idle is, where your gas was, where your operating temp was, then make sure when you put the needles back on that they read as they did before. That’s the scary part. But everything else really isn’t that bad actually.

Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
Washed it with the OEM wheels. Looked awesome, til I found all the scratches left by the stupid brushes at the car wash. Never again will I use the car wash places. Ugh.....
I always hand wash my car, you never know what people are driving through those wash tunnels.

Last edited by RedRyder; 01-30-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Points: 55,510, Level: 72 Points: 55,510, Level: 72 Points: 55,510, Level: 72
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

SykVSyx has their shit togetherSykVSyx has their shit togetherSykVSyx has their shit together

I picked up a few new car wash products as well.

There were not them, but anyone ever tried any of the Autoglym products?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Points: 5,827, Level: 22 Points: 5,827, Level: 22 Points: 5,827, Level: 22

LeAccord is more helpful than most

Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
The hardest part is dealing with the needles, because you have to mark where your idle is, where your gas was, where your operating temp was, then make sure when you put the needles back on that they read as they did before. Thatís the scary part. But everything else really isnít that bad actually.
I would definitely try it out if I had a spare instrument cluster to practice on first . I don't really see it as a very hard task, just time consuming and a little risky..

I always hand wash my car, you never know what people are driving through those wash tunnels.
I have never, ever taken my car to any machine washes. Hand wash always gives better results and satisfaction IMO.

Member's Ride --> The Accord
I bombed something earlier but I highly doubt anyone wants to see it.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Be a better driver

Points: 74,377, Level: 84 Points: 74,377, Level: 84 Points: 74,377, Level: 84
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

RedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit togetherRedRyder has their shit together
Member Photo Albums

^Yeah I bought an extra cluster for like $30, that's how I found out. I had taken it apart to the point where I only had to take off the needles. Really isn't bad, just the needles part requires patience and painstaking attention haha.

Hand wash definitely does a better job, those pressure washers don't get all the dirt off. Since I have my hose unplugged at my house for the winter, I go to the car wash down the street with a couple sponges and a bucket.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Keep it simple.

Points: 10,810, Level: 31 Points: 10,810, Level: 31 Points: 10,810, Level: 31

dharding413 is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
What'd you do to your accord today?

Put the roof rack back on so I can bring my snowboard back from home this weekend. Washed it and of course it started raining right afterwards...
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Points: 22,846, Level: 46 Points: 22,846, Level: 46 Points: 22,846, Level: 46

Mikey should be someone you can trustMikey should be someone you can trustMikey should be someone you can trust
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikey

Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
Hand wash definitely does a better job, those pressure washers don't get all the dirt off. Since I have my hose unplugged at my house for the winter, I go to the car wash down the street with a couple sponges and a bucket.
This. Brushless with free vacs or I do it myself. Im not the biggest fan of the pressure hosesbut they suffice. Buckets, hand mits, scented soap, and chamois ftw though.

The hardest part is dealing with the needles, because you have to mark where your idle is, where your gas was, where your operating temp was, then make sure when you put the needles back on that they read as they did before. Thatís the scary part. But everything else really isnít that bad actually.
^Yeah I bought an extra cluster for like $30, that's how I found out. I had taken it apart to the point where I only had to take off the needles. Really isn't bad, just the needles part requires patience and painstaking attention haha.
I remember back before I had one, my buddy had a 00 i4 coupe and he removed his needles. It proved to be a bad idea. My luck, even with a spare, is I'd **** something up. I dont wanna get the spare right but **** mine up. Then Ive got a strange odo that's off mileage. I'd just have to put the bulbs in, try to disperse as best I could and see how I like it.

NoBigDeal

YET2BSCENE

.∑ ` ' / ∑.
click here.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Points: 6,602, Level: 24 Points: 6,602, Level: 24 Points: 6,602, Level: 24

schmiddr2 is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums

Drained ATF, filled with Honda DW-1. About 3.5qts. A little smoother when going from park to a gear and it shifts during driving. Damn stuff is expensive, but the trans was rebuilt at 160K (now has 202K) and I hope this helps it last as long as the engine. I bought 7 total so I can do it again at some point to get most of the old out of there.

Next up, suspension. Bushings seems worn and rattles over bumps, and steering is a little loose.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Points: 13,704, Level: 35 Points: 13,704, Level: 35 Points: 13,704, Level: 35

LowerMyCG5 is more helpful than most

Put new ballasts in and noticed my crank pully was wobbling at idle.