Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > Classifieds > Group Buy Forum

Group Buy Forum Group buys especially for 6thgenaccord.com members

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #101  
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
NASOHC's Avatar
NASOHC NASOHC is offline
Senior Member
Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the O.C.
Posts: 2,062
Rep Power: 57
NASOHC is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via Yahoo to NASOHC
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

^
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
F23A1AT's Avatar
F23A1AT F23A1AT is offline
Senior Member
Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Age: 28
Posts: 2,327
Rep Power: 73
F23A1AT should be someone you can trustF23A1AT should be someone you can trust
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to F23A1AT
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by 001Stunna View Post
According to Ken all three of these sleeves aid in the adjustment up and down on the coils. As long as the two red ones are used in unison there won't be any adjustment of the spring but the threaded part will go up and down providing lift or drop.
__________________
Originally Posted by 1999EX View Post
Seafoam won't suck
Originally Posted by lwlba View Post
perhaps you should take her out to a nice dinner first...
The Daily |Swap thread |The project|Buy my stuff
S-bucket owners association #1, 282,xxx and counting.

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
001Stunna's Avatar
001Stunna 001Stunna is offline
Senior Member
Points: 20,521, Level: 43 Points: 20,521, Level: 43 Points: 20,521, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON CANADA
Age: 29
Posts: 3,203
Rep Power: 175
001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via MSN to 001Stunna
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by F23A1AT View Post
According to Ken all three of these sleeves aid in the adjustment up and down on the coils. As long as the two red ones are used in unison there won't be any adjustment of the spring but the threaded part will go up and down providing lift or drop.
Sorry if the pic was miss-understood. It was mainly to state that you do not lower/raise your car by the spring perch, like the Teins are for example, but yes what you're saying is right i believe...but not 100% sure here.
__________________
99 4-Cyl Accord LX...Click Below for Members Page

Feedback:RfD HoFo eBay...leave some rep if you felt the love

Last edited by 001Stunna; 09-16-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 AM
GoldnKnight22's Avatar
GoldnKnight22 GoldnKnight22 is offline
TWM:TLMF


Points: 47,302, Level: 67 Points: 47,302, Level: 67 Points: 47,302, Level: 67
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Methuen, MA
Age: 32
Posts: 7,732
Rep Power: 153
GoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit togetherGoldnKnight22 has their shit together
Member Photo Albums
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

No, you don't adjust the red ones, period. You rotate the entire red bottom mount of the coilover.

What's going on in here??

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
SilverAggie's Avatar
SilverAggie SilverAggie is offline
Senior Member
Points: 6,256, Level: 23 Points: 6,256, Level: 23 Points: 6,256, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 630
Rep Power: 40
SilverAggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

You don't adjust the red ones before you put them on the car. TRUE

You don't adjust the red ones period. FALSE

You can adjust the red mounts when the coilovers are one the car and already locked in place at the bottom mount. Moving the top red locking collar counterclockwise will raise the car and moving the bottom red collar clockwise will lower the car. The only time you don't want to mess with the red collars is when the coilovers are not on the car. This messes with the preset which is noooo good. This information is from experience of raising and lowering my F&F's for 3 days in a row now. They ride great on stiff all around. I'm 24.5" in the rear and 23.5" in the front on 205/65 stock 15's.
__________________
Silveraggie's CG1


Retrofit Club#041 HID Kit Club #122

Last edited by SilverAggie; 09-16-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-16-2010, 10:09 AM
F23A1AT's Avatar
F23A1AT F23A1AT is offline
Senior Member
Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36 Points: 14,769, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Age: 28
Posts: 2,327
Rep Power: 73
F23A1AT should be someone you can trustF23A1AT should be someone you can trust
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via AIM to F23A1AT
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by SilverAggie View Post
You don't adjust the red ones before you put them on the car. TRUE

You don't adjust the red ones period. FALSE

You can adjust the red mounts when the coilovers are one the car and already locked in place at the bottom mount. Moving the top red locking collar counterclockwise will raise the car and moving the bottom red collar clockwise will lower the car. The only time you don't want to mess with the red collars is when the coilovers are not on the car. This messes with the preset which is noooo good. This information is from experience of raising and lowering my F&F's for 3 days in a row now. They ride great on stiff all around. I'm 24.5" in the rear and 23.5" in the front on 205/65 stock 15's.
This is exactly what Ken said to me. He also told me to compress the spring a tad bit to keep the spring from rattling around once it has broken in. Maybe he can post here with that info. F&F needs to update and simplify their instruction for sure.
__________________
Originally Posted by 1999EX View Post
Seafoam won't suck
Originally Posted by lwlba View Post
perhaps you should take her out to a nice dinner first...
The Daily |Swap thread |The project|Buy my stuff
S-bucket owners association #1, 282,xxx and counting.

Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 AM
CanadianEh48's Avatar
CanadianEh48 CanadianEh48 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 9,129, Level: 28 Points: 9,129, Level: 28 Points: 9,129, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver Island
Age: 29
Posts: 795
Rep Power: 37
CanadianEh48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to CanadianEh48
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by F23A1AT View Post
This is exactly what Ken said to me. He also told me to compress the spring a tad bit to keep the spring from rattling around once it has broken in. Maybe he can post here with that info. F&F needs to update and simplify their instruction for sure.
This was my first time dealing with coilovers and the supplied instructions were quite clear.
__________________
Originally Posted by elcatrachito14 View Post
Last edited by elcatrachito14; Today at 08:33 PM. Reason: Miss spellef

Black Coupes FTW
HID Club #151
My Black 2002 Accord SE Coupe 5MT
Anti-Street Racing Group Member #002
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM
NASOHC's Avatar
NASOHC NASOHC is offline
Senior Member
Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the O.C.
Posts: 2,062
Rep Power: 57
NASOHC is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via Yahoo to NASOHC
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by 001Stunna View Post
Sorry if the pic was miss-understood. It was mainly to state that you do not lower/raise your car by the spring perch, like the Teins are for example, but yes what you're saying is right i believe...but not 100% sure here.
Originally Posted by goldnknight22 View Post
No, you don't adjust the red ones, period. You rotate the entire red bottom mount of the coilover.

What's going on in here??

Originally Posted by SilverAggie View Post
You don't adjust the red ones before you put them on the car. TRUE

You don't adjust the red ones period. FALSE

You can adjust the red mounts when the coilovers are one the car and already locked in place at the bottom mount. Moving the top red locking collar counterclockwise will raise the car and moving the bottom red collar clockwise will lower the car. The only time you don't want to mess with the red collars is when the coilovers are not on the car. This messes with the preset which is noooo good. This information is from experience of raising and lowering my F&F's for 3 days in a row now. They ride great on stiff all around. I'm 24.5" in the rear and 23.5" in the front on 205/65 stock 15's.
Originally Posted by F23A1AT View Post
This is exactly what Ken said to me. He also told me to compress the spring a tad bit to keep the spring from rattling around once it has broken in. Maybe he can post here with that info. F&F needs to update and simplify their instruction for sure.
Originally Posted by CanadianEh48 View Post
This was my first time dealing with coilovers and the supplied instructions were quite clear.
OK, here we go fellas.

BEFORE INSTALLATION:

The 2 top "red" rings below spring are to help lock the spring in place and need to used to turn the "gold" threaded shock section in order to adjust height after installation.

Turning upper red ring (the one making contact with spring) will adjust pre-load on spring. I always say to check this before installing coil-overs to ensure the same pre-load is set front and/or rear. If you decide to change this, no more than 1/2" of spring compression should ever be used. The spring is going to break-in and loose 1/8-1/4" or so after riding on your car for a bit. This is more of an advanced feature if you know what you're doing.

Ex. If front spring measures 8" total, then it should not measure less than 7.5" after locking "red" rings. Note: Should be done "off" car -before installing!

Ensure the front springs and rear spring are the same length before locking "red" rings. If the "upper" red ring is just hand tight against spring and you lock it with lower "red" ring, chances are after a while of riding (break-in period) that spring may be loose and you'll call me about a noise. Do it right the first time and you won't have problems in the future. It is better to double check the settings are evenly right before installing - yes it states that adjusting those rings can void warranty BUT I'm telling you what is okay to do and I will honor your warranty.

Do this and never loosen those rings again because the interlocking "red" rings is what you need to use in order to adjust height later, after installing.
Also, before installing, be sure the front and rear coil-overs measure exactly the same length (top to bottom) and "hand tight" lock bottom "gold" ring.

AFTER INSTALLED IN CAR:

Turning the upper "red" ring clockwise will interlock with lower "red" ring and allow for the "gold" thread section to go into lower red housing in order to "drop" (lowering) the car and please ensure that the lower "gold" ring is unlocked or you won't go down.

Turning the lower "red" ring counterclockwise will interlock with upper "red" ring and "raise" the car. Again, be sure "gold" ring is loose and lock after desired height is adjusted.

Above all, always measure starting and ending points!!! last thing you want is a crooked looking car.

What's wrong with picture above is that is says to turn the lower section to adjust height and how the heck is that going to happen if already installed?!?!?! WRONG!!!

You need to use those "red" rings as stated above!


Now, enjoy your coil-overs!

Last edited by NASOHC; 09-16-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 PM
001Stunna's Avatar
001Stunna 001Stunna is offline
Senior Member
Points: 20,521, Level: 43 Points: 20,521, Level: 43 Points: 20,521, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, ON CANADA
Age: 29
Posts: 3,203
Rep Power: 175
001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all001Stunna is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via MSN to 001Stunna
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by NASOHC View Post
What's wrong with picture above is that is says to turn the lower section to adjust height and how the heck is that going to happen if already installed?!?!?! WRONG!!!

You need to use those "red" rings as stated above!
The pic was more of a means of adjusting them pre-installation on the car but thanks for clearing things up
__________________
99 4-Cyl Accord LX...Click Below for Members Page

Feedback:RfD HoFo eBay...leave some rep if you felt the love
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
NASOHC's Avatar
NASOHC NASOHC is offline
Senior Member
Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37 Points: 15,615, Level: 37
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the O.C.
Posts: 2,062
Rep Power: 57
NASOHC is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Send a message via Yahoo to NASOHC
Re: Function & Form Type II - "Group Buy Special" August Only!!!

Originally Posted by 001Stunna View Post
The pic was more of a means of adjusting them pre-installation on the car but thanks for clearing things up
I know, I had a few confused people call me so better to clarify.

BTW FOLKS!

Anyone else in here want to pick up a Type II kit for this price, I got till tomorrow first thing. I've been meaning to go this week to F&F and close-up my open invoice; going tomorrow for sure so LAST MINUTE CALL FOR TONIGHT!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3