Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > General > Feedback

Feedback Suggestions and feedback for the site

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 12-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Sketch o5's Avatar
Sketch o5 Sketch o5 is offline
purp og


Points: 122,629, Level: 100 Points: 122,629, Level: 100 Points: 122,629, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hairnips, New Boobly
Posts: 22,383
Rep Power: 206
Sketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by umop-apisdn View Post
This forum isn't exactly what I would call "bustling". Minimum post requirements might scare some away to busier, less restrictive forums.

It's taken me three years, and I still don't have enough posts to sell some choice parts that I have from my last Accord. The Accord that I sold a year and a half ago. Even though I use the exact same handle on multiple forums and have had no problems whatsoever on any of them.

Yea, yea, "Just post more." you say. I almost don't know why I bother, since there doesn't seem to be much traffic on this site.
honestly, you'd probably have better luck trying to sell parts in the 6g accord groups on facebook, and they will probably sell quicker too.
__________________


1000RR

HID Kit Club #008 | DSLR Club #077 | G87P

FS: 98-00 OEM Sedan Tail Lights | shipping available

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-15-2017, 03:07 PM
umop-apisdn umop-apisdn is offline
Member
Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13 Points: 2,287, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
umop-apisdn is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
honestly, you'd probably have better luck trying to sell parts in the 6g accord groups on facebook, and they will probably sell quicker too.
I've tried. It's become especially difficult now that they created a separate group to house the FS posts. It appears that only 5% of the regular group's members have joined the new FS group.

Last edited by umop-apisdn; 12-15-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-28-2017, 11:32 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 12
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about the traffic on the site. Yes, i'm sure that the site was way busier years ago but 6ga is one of the best resource pools for our cars bar none. Its like an online live interactive helms manual. The site seems to be getting by just fine and there are plenty of active users left. I think the traffic is fine. Although the initial post from dawg had valid points. I know what its like to go straight to posting a help thread and being told to post a few replies first. I think I did that here before realizing what a jerk I was for asking for help but not caring about the community.

Since that time i've tried to be as active as I can. I know most other users are the same way due to their recent replies to threads. Just my 2 cents. Asking for help and receiving help is a good think though because it brings potential members back to the forum. They think " well hey, I got help and my car runs great. Moms out of the house with the accord so I think i'll cruise the forum and get ideas for my next mod. " Which in turn generates interest and we have another active member. Thats what I think anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-06-2018, 12:06 PM
datechboss101 datechboss101 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Orlando
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 8
datechboss101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

I have seen this way too often on driveaccord.net and NicoClub Forums, and this is a total issue. There is something called a search feature that people should be familiar with before posting a question, or at least if they are stuck on what to do, then a post would be good. I do encourage a 5-10 post limit requirement before being allowed to start a new thread. And maybe, we should start to bump up old threads, so the forum can talk more in-depth about a certain issue and topic. I really don't mind if people will be turned away, but at least there won't be any trolls or whatnot on the forum.
__________________
Lucky- 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT SSM- 116k miles
Godzilla- 2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT ABM- 51k miles
Lelu 2.0- 2017 Acura MDX Tech 3.5L 9AT BCP- 5k miles
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-08-2018, 10:01 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 12
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

I agree it does keep out trolls. I guess theres good and bad. I suppose if people really want to stay they will accept the post limit and become a member rather than post a help thread and leave.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Rusty Accord Rusty Accord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 6
Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
I agree it does keep out trolls. I guess theres good and bad. I suppose if people really want to stay they will accept the post limit and become a member rather than post a help thread and leave.
I think part of it comes from people not knowing how to work on cars, or think they do, then wanting to do stuff and getting in over their head. Once they get to that point, they're posting for help, and wanting instant gratification (quick answers). Then after the get it, they're gone.
The thing is, if they looked around, they might learn something, and want to be part of the community.

I used to be a member on Toyota Nation, but every 6 months or so they'd change my password (don't know if the spammers were busy or what?), and I couldn't log on to the site. It got very frustrating having to use 4 of my 5 attempts just to log on, and or be denied. It finally got to the point where I don't post over there. I'll still lurk, but just not post.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-08-2018, 02:30 PM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 12
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
I think part of it comes from people not knowing how to work on cars, or think they do, then wanting to do stuff and getting in over their head. Once they get to that point, they're posting for help, and wanting instant gratification (quick answers). Then after the get it, they're gone.
The thing is, if they looked around, they might learn something, and want to be part of the community.

I used to be a member on Toyota Nation, but every 6 months or so they'd change my password (don't know if the spammers were busy or what?), and I couldn't log on to the site. It got very frustrating having to use 4 of my 5 attempts just to log on, and or be denied. It finally got to the point where I don't post over there. I'll still lurk, but just not post.
Good point. I guess I was taking the defensive for them. When I came here to the forum it was because I saw all these badarse accords and I wanted to be a part of that, thats why I joined. Maybe thats me being optimistic. I think I tried to ask for help and sketch and redryder said something to the effect of "how about posting on some threads first before asking for help". I think I posted on some and went right back and said ok, I did, can you answer my question?

They were right in doing that because that wasn't cool at all. Fast forward to now and I have a "decent" thread and reply count. I try to help everyone as much as I can lol. I felt like a douche after I did that. I know however, other people dont think the same way and just want help right away. I guess my defense was flawed lol. Most people dont care about forums anymore. Everything is instagram and facebook anymore.

Probably more along the lines of "I dont want to pay a mechanic and I want someone on this forum to answer my question so I can move on with my life lol.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Rusty Accord Rusty Accord is offline
Senior Member
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 6
Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Good point. I guess I was taking the defensive for them. When I came here to the forum it was because I saw all these badarse accords and I wanted to be a part of that, thats why I joined. Maybe thats me being optimistic. I think I tried to ask for help and sketch and redryder said something to the effect of "how about posting on some threads first before asking for help". I think I posted on some and went right back and said ok, I did, can you answer my question?

They were right in doing that because that wasn't cool at all. Fast forward to now and I have a "decent" thread and reply count. I try to help everyone as much as I can lol. I felt like a douche after I did that. I know however, other people dont think the same way and just want help right away. I guess my defense was flawed lol. Most people dont care about forums anymore. Everything is instagram and facebook anymore.

Probably more along the lines of "I dont want to pay a mechanic and I want someone on this forum to answer my question so I can move on with my life lol.
Yeah, with everyone having a "smart phone" these days, they want the info now, and probably even expect it. I'd hate to be stuck somewhere with them and "no signal" popping up on their phones.
I'm old school, still know how to read a map, and work with tools. Can think outside the box, and try to figure out solutions before asking for help. While some of the lowered cars look really good, I know they'll get beat to crap around here. I've had a few lowered vehicles over the years, and I was constantly repairing stuff that got broken. After a while it got to be just plain old work. So I got out of that, and just concentrated on keeping them running and driving. Found I had a lot more free time on my hands then.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM
capsidx's Avatar
capsidx capsidx is offline
Senior Member
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 12
capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
Yeah, with everyone having a "smart phone" these days, they want the info now, and probably even expect it. I'd hate to be stuck somewhere with them and "no signal" popping up on their phones.
I'm old school, still know how to read a map, and work with tools. Can think outside the box, and try to figure out solutions before asking for help. While some of the lowered cars look really good, I know they'll get beat to crap around here. I've had a few lowered vehicles over the years, and I was constantly repairing stuff that got broken. After a while it got to be just plain old work. So I got out of that, and just concentrated on keeping them running and driving. Found I had a lot more free time on my hands then.
I want to lower mine but I wouldnt dream of it until I move. As far as info goes I know what you mean, people think its my money and I need it now. I always try to figure it out on my own before asking for help but I know when to throw in the towel. I am pretty young so I do utilize the internet for things I cant figure out but I always seem to do swaps that there isnt a ton of info on. I really should be documenting this lol.
__________________
F20b powered CG6
Frankenstein's thread

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2018, 09:57 PM
datechboss101 datechboss101 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16 Points: 3,153, Level: 16
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Orlando
Posts: 290
Rep Power: 8
datechboss101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by capsidx View Post
Good point. I guess I was taking the defensive for them. When I came here to the forum it was because I saw all these badarse accords and I wanted to be a part of that, thats why I joined. Maybe thats me being optimistic. I think I tried to ask for help and sketch and redryder said something to the effect of "how about posting on some threads first before asking for help". I think I posted on some and went right back and said ok, I did, can you answer my question?

They were right in doing that because that wasn't cool at all. Fast forward to now and I have a "decent" thread and reply count. I try to help everyone as much as I can lol. I felt like a douche after I did that. I know however, other people dont think the same way and just want help right away. I guess my defense was flawed lol. Most people dont care about forums anymore. Everything is instagram and facebook anymore.

Probably more along the lines of "I dont want to pay a mechanic and I want someone on this forum to answer my question so I can move on with my life lol.
For me, I always start my search on Youtube (ChrisFix and ETCG) as my starting base. But then, if I don't find a typical issue that I need help on, I just ask. Also, when I get my final invoice paper from the dealer, I usually post on the forums and see which one is super important and which one I can put a delay time on replacing it.

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
Yeah, with everyone having a "smart phone" these days, they want the info now, and probably even expect it. I'd hate to be stuck somewhere with them and "no signal" popping up on their phones.
I'm old school, still know how to read a map, and work with tools. Can think outside the box, and try to figure out solutions before asking for help. While some of the lowered cars look really good, I know they'll get beat to crap around here. I've had a few lowered vehicles over the years, and I was constantly repairing stuff that got broken. After a while it got to be just plain old work. So I got out of that, and just concentrated on keeping them running and driving. Found I had a lot more free time on my hands then.
At least we have the brains But our good ol' 6th gens are durable and reliable as any unriced up civic and 5th gen accord. Once I go lowered, I will do some monthly checks on the stuff underneath since you did brought out a good point about them getting broken when slammed or bagged or lowered or stanced.
__________________
Lucky- 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3L 4AT SSM- 116k miles
Godzilla- 2016 Nissan Rogue SL 2.5L CVT ABM- 51k miles
Lelu 2.0- 2017 Acura MDX Tech 3.5L 9AT BCP- 5k miles
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3