Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Showroom > Non-6GA Member's Rides

Non-6GA Member's Rides If you don't drive a 6th Gen Accord, put your Member's Ride thread in here

Register to remove these ads

Old 03-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Points: 1,439, Level: 10 Points: 1,439, Level: 10 Points: 1,439, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Denton1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dentonís Accidental 7th Gen

So I accidentally bought a 7th gen, 4 cylinder EX sedan. Let me explain. I recently got obsessed with Copart and during the live auction today I got a little ****y. I was outbid on both cars I really wanted and started throwing random bids on cars I had already checked out. Thatís when this totaled 7th gen sedna popped up. I hadnít seen the listing before but bid a couple times so I could check it out. It looked pretty good so I figured itíd get bid up to $700ish. I was wrong. I placed my last bid of $400 and was about to leave the auction when everyone stopped bidding and I won this car that I had barely checked the pictures on and had not seen in person. After fees and everything the car was under $700 so I decided it wasnít the worst that could happen. When I got to Copart, it wouldnít start, nor would it jump from my 6th gen. Itís a really nice car that seems mechanically sound other than the battery so Iím happy. Iím going to try to drive it home tomorrow so Iíll keep everyone updated.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:22 AM

Re: Dentonís Accidental 7th Gen

I picked the car up today and drove it home no problem after replacing the battery that wouldnít charge. The car runs and drives like a dream. Itís saddening that such a perfect car would be considered a total loss.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:52 AM
Points: 2,490, Level: 14 Points: 2,490, Level: 14 Points: 2,490, Level: 14

Accordx is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha jeez that's quite the story. I guess congrats on your new car, looks like the body will need a little love but since it runs that's not a bad deal
Old 03-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21 Points: 5,469, Level: 21

capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums

Congrats on the pickup. I always like the 7th gen. Not more than the 6th gen though

Old 03-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Denton1000 View Post
I picked the car up today and drove it home no problem after replacing the battery that wouldnít charge. The car runs and drives like a dream. Itís saddening that such a perfect car would be considered a total loss.

Congrats on the new ride. A little love will have it looking like new, and you got it for a good price.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:45 PM

I agree, it was a good deal. I did some further digging than before and found that itís a one owner car and it looks like he kept pretty good cars of it.

I got a fender and headlight today. The fenderís a little rough and doesnít match but I figured i can replace it after my rebuild inspection.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:28 PM

I agree, it was a good deal. I did some further digging than before and found that itís a one owner car and it looks like he kept pretty good cars of it.

I got a fender and headlight today. The fenderís a little rough and doesnít match but I figured i can replace it after my rebuild inspection.
I think I'd get some info from the state to see what really needs to be done for the rebuild inspection. Some states have different requirements, and might check a ton of stuff, while others might just check for safety equipment, and general health of the car. Irregardless, it's going to have a salvage title for the rest of it's life.
On my son's 98 Civic, we had to take the twist out of the right forward frame rail, and replace the core support, along with painting it all to match, before he could re-insure it (full coverage). He still has his normal title too, even though the insurance company totaled it (he bought it back from them).
Old 03-17-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
I think I'd get some info from the state to see what really needs to be done for the rebuild inspection. Some states have different requirements, and might check a ton of stuff, while others might just check for safety equipment, and general health of the car. Irregardless, it's going to have a salvage title for the rest of it's life.

On my son's 98 Civic, we had to take the twist out of the right forward frame rail, and replace the core support, along with painting it all to match, before he could re-insure it (full coverage). He still has his normal title too, even though the insurance company totaled it (he bought it back from them).

Thanks for bringing that up, Iíll check into it more. I have heard of some states making everything be painted to match and all but I donít think Iíve heard that about ohio. If worse comes to worse, Iíll have to pay the $55 to have it reinspected.

Last edited by Denton1000; 03-18-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:12 PM

Thanks for being that up, Iíll check into it more. I have heard of some states making everything be painted to match and all but I donít think Iíve heard that about ohio. If worse comes to worse, Iíll have to pay the $55 to have it reinspected.
Well, I was just giving you a heads up. Like I said some states are pickier than others, and the more informed you are the better off you'll be. You might even be able to get the info from Ohio's DMV (or whatever they call it there) web site.