Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires

Register to remove these ads


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #151  
Old 09-09-2016, 03:15 AM
Bikes Bikes is offline
Junior Member
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
Bikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

I just upgraded my rear swaybar and bought a 2007-08 TL-S front sway bar. It looks like it's about an inch shorter on each side and the holes are bigger. Does anyone know how to adapt the bar? (I'm putting it on my 99lx)
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 09-09-2016, 05:48 AM
604ACCORD 604ACCORD is offline
Senior Member
Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25 Points: 7,488, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 586
Rep Power: 26
604ACCORD is more helpful than most
Member Photo Albums
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

I thought it's direct swap
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 09-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Sketch o5's Avatar
Sketch o5 Sketch o5 is offline
purp og


Points: 117,099, Level: 100 Points: 117,099, Level: 100 Points: 117,099, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ( . )( ' )
Posts: 22,080
Rep Power: 203
Sketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
I just upgraded my rear swaybar and bought a 2007-08 TL-S front sway bar. It looks like it's about an inch shorter on each side and the holes are bigger. Does anyone know how to adapt the bar? (I'm putting it on my 99lx)
front sway bars go in the front, rear sway bars go in the rear.

i'm not sure about 3g tl front sway bars work with the front on the 6g accords. i've always known that rears are a straight swap, never heard anything about the fronts.

Originally Posted by 604ACCORD View Post
I thought it's direct swap
the rear sway bar is.

Last edited by Sketch o5; 09-09-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 09-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Bikes Bikes is offline
Junior Member
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
Bikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
front sway bars go in the front, rear sway bars go in the rear.

i'm not sure about 3g tl front sway bars work with the front on the 6g accords. i've always known that rears are a straight swap, never heard anything about the fronts.



the rear sway bar is.
Genius!

It is on the list on the first page of the thread...maybe someone has tried it
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 09-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Sketch o5's Avatar
Sketch o5 Sketch o5 is offline
purp og


Points: 117,099, Level: 100 Points: 117,099, Level: 100 Points: 117,099, Level: 100
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ( . )( ' )
Posts: 22,080
Rep Power: 203
Sketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to allSketch o5 is a name known to all
Member Photo Albums
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
Genius!

It is on the list on the first page of the thread...maybe someone has tried it
ah, you're right, i didn't bother to check the first post haha. when i did only the 3g tl progress rear sway bar on my previous accord, it felt great and i wouldn't have even touched the front after that. a lot of people have said to just leave the front as is and upgrade the rear, worked out well for me. i also misread your post i quoted earlier haha, my mistake. hopefully your issue gets sorted easily though! sorry i'm not of much help haha.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 09-10-2016, 02:12 AM
Bikes Bikes is offline
Junior Member
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: AZ
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
Bikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sway Bar Size FAQ

Originally Posted by Sketch o5 View Post
ah, you're right, i didn't bother to check the first post haha. when i did only the 3g tl progress rear sway bar on my previous accord, it felt great and i wouldn't have even touched the front after that. a lot of people have said to just leave the front as is and upgrade the rear, worked out well for me. i also misread your post i quoted earlier haha, my mistake. hopefully your issue gets sorted easily though! sorry i'm not of much help haha.
what I'm trying to get away from is the feeling of the back being super stiff (which I like) and the front feeling looser. I wonder if coilovers and a strut bar would be more effective 🤔
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!



Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3