View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Points: 5,920, Level: 22 Points: 5,920, Level: 22 Points: 5,920, Level: 22
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

capsidx is somewhat reliable
Member Photo Albums
Re: proposal: Post limit before starting thread

Originally Posted by Rusty Accord View Post
I think part of it comes from people not knowing how to work on cars, or think they do, then wanting to do stuff and getting in over their head. Once they get to that point, they're posting for help, and wanting instant gratification (quick answers). Then after the get it, they're gone.
The thing is, if they looked around, they might learn something, and want to be part of the community.

I used to be a member on Toyota Nation, but every 6 months or so they'd change my password (don't know if the spammers were busy or what?), and I couldn't log on to the site. It got very frustrating having to use 4 of my 5 attempts just to log on, and or be denied. It finally got to the point where I don't post over there. I'll still lurk, but just not post.
Good point. I guess I was taking the defensive for them. When I came here to the forum it was because I saw all these badarse accords and I wanted to be a part of that, thats why I joined. Maybe thats me being optimistic. I think I tried to ask for help and sketch and redryder said something to the effect of "how about posting on some threads first before asking for help". I think I posted on some and went right back and said ok, I did, can you answer my question?

They were right in doing that because that wasn't cool at all. Fast forward to now and I have a "decent" thread and reply count. I try to help everyone as much as I can lol. I felt like a douche after I did that. I know however, other people dont think the same way and just want help right away. I guess my defense was flawed lol. Most people dont care about forums anymore. Everything is instagram and facebook anymore.

Probably more along the lines of "I dont want to pay a mechanic and I want someone on this forum to answer my question so I can move on with my life lol.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!