Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Points: 870, Level: 7 Points: 870, Level: 7 Points: 870, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

GrubbyHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My f23a4 is old and tired.

Originally Posted by h22accordcoupe View Post
The p28 if I remember correctly is from the 92-95 civic, and it doesn't have a provision for knock control or for the 2 stage intake butterfly setup on the h22. I believe the integra gsr ecu 94-95 is the p72 and does have that functionality. I'm not too knowledgeable on the ecu's myself. About the only thing I've done to an ecu is convert an obd1 integra ls ecu (p75) to run my vtec b series with a kit from xenocron like 10 years ago. I don't even remember how I did it. Lol. I just want to know if I can get my a/c to work with the p28 now. I have read that if you have an h22a4 & want to keep it stock, the 96 prelude ecu is the one to get because it's set up right out of the box, & it doesn't have the immobilizer thing in it like all the newer ones do. I have a lot more questions about ecu's than answers though. For example, why can't anyone program the obd2 f23 accord ecu to run the h22? On so many other cars, you can just plug something into the obd2 port & start tuning away. Isn't that how the K series ecu's are?
yeah i hear you. yea k series ecu, you just keep your own k series ecu and get hondata for it. if you want hondata for a k20z1 then you get the harness and o2 sensors and the k20a2 ecu.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!