Register to remove these ads

Thread: Howdy from Ct.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13 Points: 2,310, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rusty Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Howdy from Ct.

I'd try and bleed the slave cylinder first, as you might have a pocket of air in the system. If that doesn't work, then I'd unbolt the slave from the trans, open the bleed screw and see if you can manually move the plunger back inside it. If it won't go, it's rusted in place, and replacement time.

If you think you have a clutch master cylinder (CMC) problem, look up under the dash (following the clutch pedal rod) and look with a flash light to see if you can see any fluid leaking out, or any wet spots around it.
On my 5th gen Accord, I was having an issue of a low pedal with it, and I put a light up there and saw fluid. That told me it was a CMC problem, but I also put a slave cylinder on it too, as I didn't know if the bleed screw would open or snap off. Keep in mind Honda changed the line end style on the CMC between the 5th gen and the 6th gen (from screw fittings to a snap and pin set up). If you change the CMC, You might need to get the fitting from Honda, or re-use your old one, as some come with the parts for the snap fitting and some don't. I think it was a cost saving deal, but I could be wrong.

I goth my 5th gen clutch hydraulic parts from Rock Auto. I used the LUK brand, as I know they're a good product (a division of FAG bearings). They've been in place for 18 months now. I think I paid 50 bucks for the both of them.
I hope this helps.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!