Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums

Register to remove these ads

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Points: 3,675, Level: 17 Points: 3,675, Level: 17 Points: 3,675, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Jarrett is somewhat reliable
Re: ESP.net 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Mo

I know this conversation has covered the V6 topic in the past, but I'd like to propose something else. I read this entire thread and responded back in late December early January, so if this was covered already, I apologize.

What if those of us who had V6 Accords, whether they be swapped 6-speeds or factory automatics, used a top transmission mount from the J-series swap mount kits for the smaller chassis cars? This would eliminate the need for the "bracing" underneath the car and allow us to rely solely on the radius rods. Now, it may be difficult for us to source only a transmission mount from one of the HASport or Innovative kits as they're sold complete. Maybe this could be something else you provide as well. I would no longer be interested for my V6 Accord, but my 3.2CL Type-S with a 6-speed could benefit. I'm sure others with 7th generation Accords, which have very similar chassis, would be interested as well.

» Featured Ride
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S FEATURED RIDE!